Immediate Job Opening – 1/20/2022
Technical Sales Within Early Charm’s Drug Design Portfolio
SilcsBio’s parent company, Early Charm, has a job opening to work with SilcsBio and other companies in its Drug Design Portfolio.
What we do:
Early Charm creates, owns, and operates businesses that convert science into revenue.
We are the management team, the operators, and the entrepreneurs. We do not write checks and just pop in for board meetings. We show up to our labs, our production facilities, and our offices every day to do all the heavy lifting in our portfolio companies.
Our scientists and engineers work across our entire portfolio, never just one venture. This brings extraordinary expertise to the earliest stages of product development. The lack of silos fosters creativity and attracts the most collaborative people.
Similarly, our sales & marketing team works across our portfolio enabling us to have the voice of customers heard early and often as we consider product development. Add in our experts in law, intellectual property, accounting, finance, licensing, purchasing and more to get the complete team to build our businesses.
What you will do:
You will work primarily with three revenue-stage companies in our Drug Design Portfolio:
- SilcsBio sells drug design software to the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies and drug design services to a wide range of venture capital backed drug development companies.
- ComputChem provides covalent bonding drug design services using physics based computational models.
- Revolve Biotechnologies provides rapid generation of custom DNA libraries and discovery and generation of scFvs with user defined affinity and specificity.
For these companies with product and service revenue, you will work closely with our existing and potential clients as their primary point of contact. This technical sales role is a key part of selling and servicing our drug design clients as you play an important role in building trust in our organization and technology.
- Present the technical portion of our offering to prospects and potential partners
- Coordinate with our senior scientists and engineers when there are big technical challenges
- Coordinate with our director of sales and marketing on business terms and development of work statements that will dictate client relationships
- Interact with our back-office team on billing
What you need to be successful:
You will need a diverse understanding of biology, especially as it relates to drug design and development, as well as a strong foundation of chemistry concepts pertaining to proteins and drug design. An interest in and ability to talk with people in a manner that engages them along with explaining complex technical information to seasoned scientists and lay persons at an appropriate level. Having a strong understanding of biopharma businesses and commercially-available computational drug design software would be ideal.
What we will do for you:
Career development is our top priority for you. You will learn from our senior business team and our lead scientists. You will expand your network around the world through building close relationships with our customers. You will get to see a wide range of deal flow through the eyes of seasoned venture capitalists. Your long-term success is our success.
Where you will work:
We are at the center of the entrepreneurial renaissance of Baltimore giving you the opportunity to interact with some of the nation’s most exciting technology companies. Located at 1100 Wicomico Street, our labs, production space and offices are intermingled with firms doing engineering design, software development, specialty textiles, 3D printing, and so much more. There is even a brewery.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Ken.Malone@EarlyCharm.com
|Early Charm Ventures, LLC
1100 Wicomico Street
Baltimore, MD 21230