Position: Scientist – Medicinal Chemistry and Computational Design
What we do:
Early Charm creates, owns, and operates businesses that convert science into revenue. We are the management team, the operators, and the entrepreneurs. We do not write checks and just pop in for board meetings. We show up to our labs, our production facilities, and our offices every day to do all the heavy lifting in our portfolio companies.
Our scientists and engineers work across our entire portfolio, never just one venture. This brings extraordinary expertise to the earliest stages of product development. The lack of silos fosters creativity and attracts the most collaborative people.
Similarly, our sales & marketing team works across our portfolio enabling us to have the voice of customers heard early and often as we consider product development. Add in our experts in law, intellectual property, accounting, finance, licensing, purchasing and more to get the complete team to build our businesses.
What you will do:
This position would primarily work for Early Charm’s portfolio company, SilcsBio.
At SilcsBio, we are passionate about accelerating the pace of drug discovery. We are scientists, chemists, programmers, and innovators developing and utilizing next generation computer-aided drug design for end-to-end solutions in small molecule and biologics development. We are seeking a Medicinal Chemistry and Computational Design Scientist to manage customer service projects as well as support technical software sales. We enable drug discovery scientists to discover new drug candidates, optimize lead compound candidates, and facilitate the formulation of protein-based drugs using a patented physics- and structure-based approach.
1) Work as part of a dynamic, inclusive, and eager team who will support your professional development, rise to challenges with you, and grow together
2) Use our in-house software and third-party commercial modeling software as well as various open-source software packages to carry out tasks in a timely fashion
3) Interface with customers for technical support and sales
4) Perform molecular modeling, including:
- Molecular dynamics simulations and analysis of receptor/ligand complexes.
- SILCS simulations and FragMap generation using our GCMC/MD technology o Pharmacophore and SILCS-based database screening
- Allosteric binding site identification and characterization
- Fragment-based drug design and development
- RMSD and chemical fingerprint cluster analysis
- SILCS Lead compound optimization o SILCS Biologics protein-based drug formulation
- Calculation of ligand physiochemical properties for bioavailability prediction
5) Benchmark performance of various computational binding affinity methods
6) Contribute to the maintenance, implementation, and development of the SILCS code base
What you need to be successful:
A robust understanding of medicinal chemistry, computational chemistry, biology, and biophysics for use in the areas of molecular modeling and utilizing SILCS technology. Strong expertise with tools used to predict structure-activity relationships, knowledge of ligand-based and structure-based drug design methods. Experience with Bash and Python scripting are preferred. Familiarity with high-performance
computing (HPC) environments. A Ph.D. in Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmaceutics, or pharmaceutical disciplines is preferred.
What we will do for you:
Career development is our top priority for you. You will learn from our senior business team, our lead scientists, and are encouraged to build your capabilities with third-party training. You will expand your network around the world through building close relationships with our customers. You will get to see a wide range of deal flow through the eyes of seasoned venture capitalists. Your long-term success is our
Where you will work:
We are at the center of the entrepreneurial renaissance of Baltimore giving you the opportunity to interact with some of the nation’s most exciting technology companies. Located at 1100 Wicomico Street, our labs, production space and offices are intermingled with firms doing engineering design, software development, specialty textiles, 3D printing, and so much more. There is even a brewery.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is Our Business:
Creativity is the soul of Early Charm. We expand creativity by actively seeking out and embracing diversity in all its forms. Diversity of thought, of experience, of culture, of race, of expression and ultimately of the individual is, therefore, our soul.
Action and cooperation drive our success at Early Charm. We foster action through equity. Equity means we treat everyone with respect, empower everyone to make decisions, help everyone to advance their career and compensate everyone fairly. We encourage cooperation by being inclusive. Inclusive means celebrating each other’s differences, listening to each other’s views, and empowering each other to be
individuals through our own actions. Equity and inclusion, therefore, is our success.
- Name your own holidays
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Medical, Life and Dental Insurance
- 401K with matching
How to Join Us:
Please send your resume and cover letter to Olumide Kayode at: firstname.lastname@example.org